October 8, 2009

On how I get inspired and decide to do something different


1234Yesterday I went over to academichic and became inspired by all three lovely ladies' rendition of A's signature look of a skirt, top and belted cardigan. Since seeing each of them wear the look, I decided that I might try it too. My look, however, includes a long skirt with boots and this lovely hair pin worn as a brooch from Sew Lovely. (I really do love these hair pins!)
1234In deciding to try a belted cardigan I have to be careful to keep the proportions appropriate. If, for example, the belt sits too high, my chest looks (MUCH) bigger and it looks like I have no torso. However, if I belt too low, then it looks like I don't have a waist. I think I got it right today and this is definitely something I would try again. Pics of the whole outfit to come later.
1234Update: So here are a couple of pictures of what I wore today. What I liked most of it was that I felt feminine and pretty. Also, that my cardigan is comfy and not too heavy makes it super easy to wear it with just about anything while keeping me warm without making it hot. Also, my good friend complimented me on the outfit which was great. :)

1 comment:

Academichic said...

Yay! Can't wait to see the look on you! -A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...