October 26, 2009

Fall!

1234I love fall. My guess is that this stems from it not existing in Miami, Fl where I grew up. As a result, when leaves change and it starts getting chilly, I get really excited and mesmerized by the changing and falling leaves. I also love scavenging in my closet for clothes to wear in different ways. The dress I'm wearing today is something I scavenged from my closet. While studying abroad in Amsterdam my friends and I took a weekend trip to Paris. Of course I went shopping and found this dress at United Colors of Benetton. The neckline is such that I may not be able to wear it as a dress without some layering, but for fall, that was remedied with my brown sweater.
I added my brown tights that have the same feel as leggings without the bulk and a pair of boots. I also added a slip to make sure the tights weren't noticeable and also to add some bulk to the dress. You can kind of see the lower edge of the slip in the pics below. Normally I wouldn't like that, but because the dress is above the knee and the last few inches are sheer, the slip worked out perfectly. Of course I have included Bella as my trusty photographic partner. Unfortunately, the pic to the right is the only picture that didn't come out blurry. I decided to post a blurry pic (below) anyway because its much cuter and you can see the whole outfit better despite the blurriness.

The Details:

Dress: United Colors of Benetton
Sweater: Old Navy
Tights: Target Merona Brand
Boots: Candie's
Brooch: Sew Lovely from etsy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...