November 10, 2009

Closet Shopping Take 2

Last night I shopped my closet again.  This time, however, I did it with my friend Melanie.  She came over and I gave her a whole bunch of tops that no longer fit me.  In addition, I also found an American Eagle skirt that I haven't worn (or thought about) in years.  So, because I am shopping out of my closet, I wanted to see how I could wear the skirt.  At first I had no idea what to pair with it because it has a very pale blue almost gray background.  Then I realized that I could just take the colors out of the pattern of the skirt.  So I added my tan boots to compliment the tan leaves, a brown sweater to go with the brown stems, and a bright blue tank to add some color intensity to the small blue flowers.  I added a slip for coverage and blue tights for warmth.  
I also got my hair cut today.  Its only about 2 inches shorter in length, but I also got my bangs cut, so I have proper bangs again.  I had no idea I would end up liking bangs.  Let alone short-ish side bangs.  One main reason I like them so much is that they force me to take care of them.  I *have* to iron them or blow dry them or they'll stick out causing gigantic frizz.  It also means that, even if I pull my hair back, I have *something* that is pretty framing my face so its not bare and I don't look like I'm going to go run a marathon with my hair slicked back.  Also I think its a great way to add a feminine touch that is really simple and pretty, especially if I wear my hair up or pinned back.  
As you can tell from the pictures, I had the hairstylist blow dry my hair then iron it straight.  I rarely iron my hair.  Partially because its a pain and partially because doing it too often causes some serious damage.  Also, I'm lazy.  But when I get my hair cut, I love having it ironed for me.  The funny thing is that two of my guy friends in my 4pm class today immediately noticed that I had done something to my hair.  Its nice to know when people, especially boys that aren't engaged to you, notice things about you.  I try to do my best to notice when my friends change their appearances and let them know it looks cute so that they too get to feel noticed.  I know I don't always do it right away or all the time, but yes ladies, there is someone out there that pays attention and is happy you feel good about yourself to change things up.  And for the record, the Fiance immediately said that my hair looks nice!   
 


The Details:
Skirt: American Eagle by way of my closet
Brown Sweater: Old Navy
Blue Tank top: Old Navy
Tights: Marks & Spencer
Tan Boots: Candie's 






***Don't forget, The Law School Fashionista & Clever Clip Giveaway ends on Friday!***

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

It sounds like we both had similar excursions into the depths of our closets recently. I hope you'll check out my blog: http://fashionableacademics.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...