January 28, 2011

Friend Friday: Blogger Mechanics

Since I recently wrote a post on this subject, I figured I would join in the Friend Friday post by ModlyChic

1. What technology do you use in blogging?
I use my camera,a Canon PowerShot SX-20IS Digital Camera.  Its considered somewhere between an SLR and a point and shoot digital camera.  I got it because of the flip out screen that makes taking self-portraits significantly easier.  I also have a full sized tripod.

2. What computer and online technology do you use?
I use my Dell computer to write all of my posts.   My blog is hosted by Blogger and I use Picasa and Google Photos for my photos.  To edit my photos I normally just use Picasa, but every once in a while I'll use Photoshop Elements that came with my computer.

3. What is your process for taking pictures?
I set up my camera on the tripod and take a few test pictures to make sure that I've got all the settings right.  Then I set the timer, flip out the screen, and run in front of  the camera.  I take a few pictures then check to see how they've been turning out.  I then take more pictures until I'm happy with at least 3 or 4 of them and head back inside. 

4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?  
It depends.  For the past few months I've been taking pictures at night on my front porch.  Since I got tired of doing that, I've tried to take pictures outside around the house during daylight.  I do, almost always, take pictures outside, though.  My house doesn't have the best lighting and there isn't a corner with enough light that is also neat in the house for me to take pictures inside.  

5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying?
I'm about 100% sure that my camera doesn't support a remote, but if it did, I would want one.  Barring that, then maybe a course on how to use photoshop elements.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...