January 12, 2011

Comfy Jewels

      I was looking through my Picasa album to figure out what pictures I hadn't posted yet and found these from November.  I have no idea why I didn't post them at the time.  Maybe because I took them in the kitchen instead of on the porch?  I don't know.
     This is one of my favorite big comfy sweaters.  It is exactly as it seems, warm, big and comfy.  The perfect attributes to a sweater, as far as I'm concerned.  Little did I know when I purchased this sweater, that it is also the perfect color for me.  According to this article from Shine on Yahoo, its the perfect color for me.  I've read several articles all over the place that claim to tell me what colors are best for me.  None of them have ever made sense to me.  This one, because of its simplicity, does.  After reading through the article, I determined that I'm a Sunrise and as such jewel tone colors are supposed to look best on me.
Sunrise: “In the morning, the sunrise palette colors are clear, clean and crisp,” says Eiseman. “Primarily blue undertones evolve into jewel tones.”
Coloring
: Fair-skinned, dark-haired brunettes; fair-skinned silver-haired women; fair-skinned cool blondes; dark, blue-black skin tones with dark hair; and olive skin with dark hair.
Palette
: Shimmering jewel-tones like emerald, sapphire, aquamarine and amethyst.
Messy kitchen over my right shoulder!
 I guess it makes sense.  I mean the sweater does look good, right?  And I am most definitely a fair-skinned dark-haired brunette that can occasionally be an olive skin chick with dark hair.  I'm not 100% convinced that these are the *only* colors that look good on me, but they are some of my favorite to wear.  So I guess this color scheme is a good place to start.  Its not, however, a reason to throw out all my pink, black, white or red tops though.  Just a starting point.
    If you've been looking for a color scheme to help you figure out your best colors, because of its simplicity, I definitely recommend the article as a starting point.  If, however, you know what you look good in, then it probably really won't rock your world any, but it might be a good read anyway.  Are you a sunrise, sunset or sunlight?  

The Details:
Sweater: Target
Tee: NY&Co
Pants: Gap
Heels: Aldo
Necklace: Banana Republic Outlet

3 comments:

Mystère said...

That shade of violet makes your skin look divinee :)

A-C said...

Thanks Camille! Like I said, I love this sweater :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the sweater, especially the color. I'm really into rich jewel tones, lately.
Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...