October 27, 2010

More Orange

     This is another outfit from my orange week.  Turns out I have 2 orange and brown skirts and 2 orange tops.  This particular skirt I got brand new from the consignment shop.  It was originally like $90 at J.Jill and I snagged it for around $15.  Oh and its silk.  
  It's a beautiful skirt, but I'm going to need to figure out how best to style it.  In this picture it looks ok b/c my hands on my hips brings focus to my waist, but otherwise, because of the pleats of the skirt, the focus goes down to my hips where they look huge.  I haven't tried it before, but I might try to belt this blazer to see how it looks.  Might end up being the solution I've been looking for.  Any other thoughts on how best to style this skirt? 

How it looks w/out waist definition
The Details:
Skirt: J.Jill (consignment)
Top: Express
Blazer: Old Navy
Heels: Nine West 

4 comments:

Angela said...

Orange is one of my fav colors for accents.

A-C said...

You know, I used to not think of orange as a "possible" color to wear. But its definitely growing on me.

Mystère said...

I think you would probably need a top that is more fitted in the waist/hips area, and maybe something with a lower neck? I think a wrap shirt would look nice, and you could layer a thin tee or tank under it to make it work appropriate, or at least cold apprpriate. It might also need to be hemmed slightly? It's hitting you at the top of the widest part of your calf. Think you might be able to hem without damaging border :) It is very lovely, and I agree, orange would be a fab accent for it :)

A-C said...

Brooke: I'm going to see if I can shorten it myself without ruining it. Since its silk I'm afraid of damaging it, but I'm sure I can figure something out. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...