January 19, 2010

Warm (enough)

    Yup, its warm enough to wear a skirt today without wearing tights.  I have no idea if this weather will continue, but I choose to not fret and simply enjoy the awesome weather.  Even though its warm enough for a sundress and flats (it's currently 63F while I write this at 2:40PM), I have opted for my awesome new boots from Target.  They are easily the best $30 I've spent in a while.  In the per wear calculation of their worth, they're at $10/wear since I've already worn them 3 times.  My guess is that the # will continue to go down to a good $~1/wear.  And even if I wear them til they die, I will continue to be happy because they were so cheap!  
  So since its warm enough to not wear tights, I figured I would try a new trend, knee high socks + knee high boots.  I got these argyle knee high socks for Christmas at the office Christmas gift exchange and am wearing them today.  (Unfortunately only 1 of the 3 pairs I got actually fit my calves, so I will be giving 2 pairs of cute argyle socks away).   I feel kind of daring in a subtle way because I'm wearing fun socks but only the very tops are visible.  And they're quite comfortable!  Even though this pair's sister pairs can't fit my ginormous calves, this pair do, and without any pain or discomfort, so that's a plus.  And since I've centered my outfit around my socks, my skirt, top and belt all match the socks too.  The color of the red and the dark pink aren't 100% right, but with my knees in between, I don't think anyone can really tell.  And if they can, well, its not bothering me today.  Because really, how can something as trivial as the color of your socks bug you on such a gorgeous day?





The Details:
Skirt: closet shopped (originally an H&M dress)
Shirt: Target
Argyle socks: gift
Boots: Target
Belt: Target
Necklace: BR Outlet 
Velvet Jacket: ON  

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

I'm jealous because it's definitely not that warm here! Important question: will you be giving the socks away on your blog?

A-C said...

I don't know yet. Maybe?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...