September 23, 2010

Crafting!

     Sometimes when I'm feeling restless I craft.  This past Saturday I did just that.  I used an old white t-shirt to create the brooch to the left.  It was a lot of fun and definitely met my crafting craving.  I told one of my new co-workers that I'm a crafter and she was really impressed when I showed her this broach Wednesday.  It just felt nice to get creative and unlike in the law, I had immediate results that I really really liked.  
     


    This broach also definitely worked to liven up this t-shirt.  My sister gave it to me a while ago and its a really comfy shirt.  But for work, I knew that I would have to add something, either a belt, a broach or a scarf to make it work in an outfit, especially in terms of keeping the attention from falling solely on my boobs.  So on Wednesday I chose my super awesome newly crafted broach.  If you look closely, the necklace I'm wearing is also crafted by me.
    Oddly enough though, my favorite part of this outfit is my shoes.  I've had them for 3 years, but I haven't worn them in probably over a year.  I got on this pointy shoes hurt my feet thing and just didn't wear my pointy shoes.  So stupid of me.  I decided to give these heels another try and I felt stupid for avoiding them because they're pointy.  Yes, for the most part almond toe shoes are more comfortable than pointy toed heels, but that doesn't necessarily mean that pointy is bad.  Which means that I didn't notice the pointiness on Wednesday.  Granted, it helped that instead of my usual 3 inch heels these are only 1.5 inches high, but still.  These heels are definitely going to be part of my regular rotation of heels from now on.  

The Details:
T-shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Liz Claiborne
Heels: Nine West
Broach & Necklace: me 

2 comments:

lawyerdoll said...

Ooooh! Post instructions on making the brooch! Pleeeeze?

A-C said...

Will do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...