April 5, 2010

Sheer happiness

   This outfit is from a few weeks ago.  I had to run some errands and decided to try out my new necklace from Ann Taylor Loft. When it came down to it, the most natural pairing for me for a navy blue necklace was white.  And in particular this sheer blouse.  I've had this blouse for years and haven't really thought about it for a while.  I wore it several weeks ago because I REALLY wanted to channel spring and warm weather (even though there was snow on the ground).  I'm pretty sure I've worn it over bathing suits as a cover up, but the only way I've worn it in outfits is over tank tops.  I feel like this is such a great top: its sheer-ish, has stripes and a pretty cut, but I haven't figured out a way to wear it that isn't wearing it as a cover up.  Anybody have any ideas?  I'm thinking maybe a vest or sweater vest might work, but no matter what, because of the deep V I'm sure I'll have to layer a tank underneath.
    So this necklace.  Any guesses as to why I love this necklace?  Well there are several.  One is that it's blue, and blue is my favorite color.  Another is that it ties in the back so I can change the length of the necklace.   Going along with the tying in the back, I can make it into a pretty bow, and if my hair is up, the bow adds detail to the back of the outfit.  Yet another reason I like the necklace is that its sort of on trend.  The necklace is made of several strands and includes some chains wound through it.  Since I'm not a super trendy chick, I figured this would be a fun easy way of participating in a trend.  Also, the necklace was on clearance. :D 


 






The Details:
Jeans: ON
Blouse: American Eagle (OLD!)
Tank: ON
Necklace LOFT
Sandals: Aerosoles

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love the sheer top and I guess you really have to wear a tank or tube top underneath as the neckline is so low. Good thing is you can play around with the color of your tank top. I love the necklace. xoxo

Unknown said...

I think wearing it with something highwaisted? that reduces the scandalous factor.

ps. if you have a minute please check out my blog
http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...