April 13, 2011

My Wedding Dress Story

     Clearly, this dress is WAAAAAAAAAAY too long.  But I just haven't been able to get it hemmed yet.  So I've worn it as is a few times.  I got it last summer.  J.Crew was having a factory outlet sale where I got this dress and this red dress.  On top of the ridiculously low prices, we had a 20% off coupon, so both dresses ended up being ~$50.  
    Oh, AND I bought my wedding dress there too.  For $32.34 if I remember correctly.  I'm sure you're wondering how one buys a wedding dress for that much, but let me tell you, every once in a while I have the most amazing shopping serendipity you could imagine.  
     So here's the story.  My friend Jenn and I went to the outlet on a Thursday and I bought the first two dresses.  We decided to go again the next morning with some friends because they hadn't had a chance to go.  So when we went the second time, since we had already looked through most of the things there, we decided to go through the formal dresses.  Let me go ahead and explain how the store was set up.  The sale took place in a vacant building where the J.Crew people set up folding tables with boxes of clothes on and under each table.  Each box had a size and category like sweater or pants or whatever.  There were no dressing rooms so people were trying things on however they could in the middle of this big room.  Oh and there was no air conditioning either. 
     So Jenn and I were digging through the formal dresses and the wedding dresses and I pulled out a few in varying shades of white, ivory and champagne.  I tried them on on top of the dress I was wearing to see if they fit and one looked pretty good.  One passed this initial test so we walked on over to the wall so that I could shimmy into the potential wedding dress and out of my springy dress.  Luckily we had a guy friend with us and after getting his boy approval along with my mom's text approval, I bought the dress.  The Fiance knows about the dress of course.  Luckily he hasn't gotten curious about it as its been chilling in a garment bag in an upstairs closet since I got it.  Here is where I would normally put up a picture of the dress, but since I know the Fiance checks the blog every now and again, I can't post it. For those of you that have bought wedding dresses, what's your wedding dress story?

The Details:
Dress: J.Crew
Tank: Old Navy
Sandals: Aerosoles
Necklace: Consignment

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...