May 16, 2011

Suiting Up

     This is one of my favorite outfits I've worn in quite some time.  My mom gave me this blouse from Zara after she wore it a few times.  Despite its pale pink color, I knew that I would wear it a bunch.  The reason I say despite the pale pink is that generally, such a pale color near my face wouldn't look so great.  However, because I wore a purple necklace between the blouse and my face, I was able to keep the pink from washing me out.  In addition to the necklace, my brown suit kept me from looking washed out as well.  
     By the way, I absolutely love this suit.  I think my favorite part is the high waisted skirt.  Once upon a time, I would not have even thought to wear such a high waisted skirt.  Recently, ie. in the past year or so, I have broadened my horizons with respect to high waisted skirts.  At the moment, 3 of my 4 skirt suits are high waisted skirts and I love them.  The silhouette has completely won me over.  Its both feminine and comfortable and most importantly, it works for my body.  Its pretty great to find a silhouette that is flattering for my body and especially one that I can readily find in stores.  Have you been fortunate enough to find a silhouette that works for you?  Do you have a silhouette you wished worked for you but doesn't?  



The Details:
Suit: JCPenney
Blouse: Zara (mom)
Heels: Nine West
Necklace: Target

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...