November 15, 2010

More Mimicry!

SUPER windy day!
     So about a week and a half ago Elena of Caffeinerd posted this outfit.  I (incorrectly) thought that I had the very same dress.  It's not exactly the same, but its pretty damn close.  Anyway, seeing her wear it, I realized that I hadn't worn my dress in a while.  So that day, I decided to wear it to the Latino Festival that was going on in town.
    You see those tights?  They're actually gold.  In my head, this outfit was going to be really cool.  The gold tights would really stand out against the brown of the dress and the black of the boots.  They were supposed to be eye catching and unique and ultra awesome.  Instead, the tights just look like they're my skin tone.  Granted, I'm not quite that gold in tone, but they just didn't live up to my expectations.  I guess this means that I can probably wear them to work without causing too much trouble in court.
    I was actually really excited to go to the Latino Festival.  I may not have mentioned it, but I'm an interesting mix of cultures and ethnicities.    I was born in Miami, Florida to a Colombian born mom and a Puerto Rican born dad.  In addition, growing up we traveled to Mexico on a regular basis.  On top of that, we lived in Barcelona, Spain for two years, from July 1998 to August 2000.  My parents stressed the ability to read, write and speak Spanish to my younger sister and I, so we're both fluent and have used our language abilities extensively.  Let's just sum it up by saying I'm rather Latin, k?  Anyway, so I was really excited because I was hoping to expose the Fiance to some awesome food.  They did have a Colombian booth, but they weren't serving a whole bunch of Colombian food.  Nonetheless, he got to enjoy an empanada.
Isn't he cute?
    Speaking of the Fiance, he agreed to pose for a picture just for all of you!  I had to talk him into it, but he allowed me to take a quick pic of us for the blog.

Just had to share this pic!
The Details:
Dress: Banana Republic Outlet
Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft
Tights: DKNY via Hanes Outlet
Boots: Target
Necklace: gift

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww very flattered by the (awesome) mimicry! And I love the photo of the two of you. And I wish I was blingual so badly (in Spanish or Italian). I only studied abroad in Barcelona for 3 weeks---but lovvved it!

A-C said...

I miss Barcelona SOOO bad! What did you study while there?

It's never too late to learn chickie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...